Q: Which are the requirements?

A: There are several.
    First, the linux machine:
    - A DVB card
    - Linux drivers from www.linuxtv.org
    - VDR 0.99 from Klaus Schmidinger
    - A kernel with Multicast networking enabled.
    Second, the windows machine:
    - Lots of MHz. The DirectShow part eats much power. I'm testing with a
P3-750 and
      the cpu load is at about 50-80%, depends on the channel. I try to
lower this sometimes.
    - A demultiplexer and a mpeg2decoder as a DirectShow filter, which
supports mpeg2
      transport streams. You have one, if you can replay a vdr/pva
recording with your
      MediaPlayer. If it's not working, dvbpl will not work.
    - A videocard with overlay support
    - WindowsXP or Windows2000. I don't have any other windows operating
system to test.
      Perhaps Windows95/98 work as well, but it's untested
    - DirectX8.0a. No other version tested.

Q: The Player asks for a msvcrtd.dll, where do i find it?