[vdr] Re: multiple card selection via cam entry?

Dirk Wiebel wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> since I found a spare single LNB, I am planning to adjust this one to
> Hotbird (currently I "only" receive Astra 19,2). I still don't know if I
> need that, so I don't want to buy a DiSEqC Switch at the moment.
>
> Therefore, for the very next time, I thought about connecting 1 Card to
> the Hotbird LNB and the other 2 cards to the Astra one. Here comes the
> problem: Is there a chance to add _two_ possible Cards to the CAM-No
> entry in channels.conf? If not, is it possible to add a quick hack to
> VDR -- maybe also system-dependent? I've gone through the dvbapi.c, in
> which it should be handled (line 2631 ff.), but (shame on me!) I didn't
> understand the Transfer Mode handling...
>
> I was thinking about something like
> ARD:11837:h:0:27500:101:102:104:1,3:28106
>                                ^^^^^
>
> If anyone tried such a thing already I would be glad for hints.
>
> Regards,
> Dirk

Incidently I've just started working on this.
The solution I'm building will have numbers in the channels.conf's Ca
parameter that define the necessary descrambling mechanism for this
channel (for instance 100 is going to be "Premiere World").
There will still be only *one* Ca number per channel, but the user
will be able to configure which of his DVB cards can provide a given
descrambling mechanism, so there can be any number of DVB cards that
provide a given descrambling. Of course, this is not limited to
descrambling, you could use it for your setup of splitting channels
over DVB cards just as well.

However, this is not going to be a quick hack, so it will still take
a while until I can release this. It will, though, be part of the
final 1.0.0 of VDR.

Klaus