[vdr] Re: multiple card selection via cam entry?

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Dirk Wiebel (DW) wrote:

DW> thanks for the quick response. I tried your code, but there seems to be
DW> a problem connecting the right cards.
DW>
DW> > Try the following patch for dvbapi.c. You then have to specify the cards
DW> > as bitmask, e.g. if card 3 and 4 (starting with 1) support this station
DW> > then you specify 1100b = 12.
DW>
DW> I've now connected DVB-s 1 and 3 to Astra, my Nova (No. 2 concerning to
DW> the DVB driver startup messages) is connected to Hotbird. So the bitmask
DW> should be "11b" (=3), as far as I understood.

as far as I understood Emils mail, you have to set i-th bit to one iff the
i-th card is able to show this channel, so any astra channel should have
the bits 1 and 3 enabled in your configuration (starting with 1 from the
right), i.e. 0101 = 5
and any hotbird channel is only viewable by the 2nd card, so it is
0010 = 2

DW> > +  indexmask = Ca ? Ca : ~0;

DW> These are probably the lines which are important for me. Could any
DW> C-speaking outside there help me to translate the format of "indexmask"?

the above line just means, if Ca is set to 0, this means "any card could
show this channel", so we have to set all bits to 1, so we use bitwise
negation on 0.

hope, it helps

c ya
        Sergei