From: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org] On Behalf
Of Mans Krancher
Sent: 27 February 2002 11:50
To: vdr@linuxtv.org
Subject: [vdr] Multiuser?

Greetings,

I would like to build a Linux VDR System. When I was studying the former
mails a few questions remained unanswered.

1. What options do I have in creating multi-user Support for the VDR.
What I've in mind is a server with three primary DVB-S cards. Every
primary card is connected to a TV set. Then secondary cards should be
used for recording. I seems that is not possible with vdr. Are there any
plans in developing multi-user support for the vdr? What alternatives do
I have? I want a system with shared harddisk content of the recored
material.

2. When I share harddisk space with other user, what option do I've in
hide one partition? (everyone should access the hole archive, but noone
have to know the I watch Sabrina) A small partition should be enough -
about 20GBs.

BTW: I would like to read me through anything; are there any howtos,
faq, manuals or something like that available?

Thanx