[vdr] Re: AW: Re: Volume level in vdr

ulope@gmx.de(Ulrich Petri)  25.02.02 05:29

Once upon a time Ulrich Petri shaped the electrons to say...

>> You know that VDR allows Volume Control too?
>>
>> If this is set to a low level, you may have the effect, that VDR
>> is so quiet.

>Yes i know ;)
So why don't you reduce it? ;-)

>> The other cause may be that you are using the wrong outputs of your
>> sound card ("speaker") to connect to your amp.
>> IOW: The Windows Crap is MUUUUCH too loud!
>>
>> You should use the "line out".

>I'm actually using the "onboard" audio out of the DVB-Card

And under windows you got from this plug -lot- more volume
than running under linux VDR???

Please describe exactly what you do. Step by step.
I think we are talking about two different things.

>> grep CurrentVolume /video*/setup.conf
>>
>> deliver?
>>
>> Here it's:
>> CurrentVolume      = 215
>>

>CurrentVolume      = 255

So:
shut down vdt (killall vdr)

edit /video*/setup.conf setting it to  215, for example.

That's a good value for me...(and my neighbours ;-))

>> Learn that windows is NOT the "reference".
>>

>No but under win the volume level is "normal" under linux the noises
>are allmost louder that the actual signal.

Emm, which DVB-card do you use?

Did you tell the driver to use the right DAC?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index