[vdr] Re: Problems with New AC3-over-DVB-S patch

Hi,

boesch@agrocom.com wrote:

> Hi list,
> with the latest patch from Wolfgang Fiesel AC3 out works fine but the video is
> stuttering. There is the same behaviour with the latast Nav3-patch which
> includes the AC3 patch. If I put AC3 to the soundcard with Alsa everything works
> fine.

Does it happened on DVD or also on VDR playback ?
What happens if you miss the AC1=1 switch, same stuttering?.

You are right, I've seen similar artefacts during DVD playback with NAVx patch. At
first I thought about the libcss and libdvdread stuffs. But using DVD under vdr0.99
is running perfectly with the same libs.
But the same behaviour happens without AC3 switch. Additional I've made the
experience skipping back and forward repairs the video sequence. Thus it seems the
main problem is not the AC3 handling but it correspondes maybe with wrong PTS time
stamps of AV synchronisation.

I'll try to investigate this more in detail.

Wolfi

Home | Main Index | Thread Index