[vdr] Re: Traffic on the VDR homepage

"Dr. Werner Fink" wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 04:31:56PM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Since about 13:00 today I'm getting an enormous amount of traffic
> > on the VDR homepage. Does anybody know if a new link to
> > http://www.cadsoft.de/people/kls/vdr has been placed on some extremely
> > popular place?
>
> Maybe this could be a DoS attack?
>
>              Werner

I doubt that because they are explicitly requesting that page and related
ones (like the download page) and leaving the other pages of www.cadsoft.de
alone (i.e. the traffic on those pages is within normal parameters).

Also, so far the requests have come from more than 2400 different IP numbers
and the number is steadily increasing. And the access patterns look as if
each IP number accesses the VDR pages only once within a few minutes and
then doesn't appear again.

Strange...

Klaus