[vdr] Re: script to convert multiple *vdr to cd-sized *avi

I use a similar script for converting vdr to divx. I use mencoder (from
mplayer) instead of pvastrumento and wine. The script watches a directory if
there are links of vdr directories. If so, the vdr files in these
directories are transformed into divx. After that the original directory is
renamed with a preceeding ! to reflect the conversion and then the link is
removed.

I use a patched version of the 3-pass enabled mencoder which returns the
bitrates  for different CD sizes after the first pass in a file. So I can
set the bitrate for the movie to fit on 1, 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 CD. It is
guaranteed that a minumum bitrate is used. So movies can be archived in an
economc way :-).

If somebody is interested, I can post this script and the patch for
mencoder.

ciao
  Richard