[vdr] Re: Two DVB-Cards

Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de(Sergei Haller)  08.03.02 13:12

Once upon a time Sergei Haller shaped the electrons to say...

>On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Lutz Feldgen (LF) wrote:

LF>> since one hour i am the owner of a second full featured dvb-s ;)
LF>> i installed the card and timeshifting works fine...
LF>> I set the primaryDVB to the new card which has no cam.
LF>> the only point i am wondering about is that i have to set the
LF>> entry in the channels.conf for all channels to the dvb-card that
LF>> has the sat-input...and the cam.
LF>> i thought that i can use the "0" with the free-tv-channels to let
LF>> vdr choose, which card to select to tune this channel. but it
LF>> didn't work (only black screen). Therefore i can't watch one
LF>> channel while recording another channel on the same transponder...

That sound's like a mixup of primary and secondary card.

>IIRC Rainer Zocholl  posted  a patch  some days ago  for  connecting
>two cards to  the same  cable,  so you'll be able to  watch  and
>record two channels on the same polarization at the same time.

Sorry, no patch.
Just a description where the problems may occure and
a little (partial) manual workarround.

BTW:
Yesterday i forgot to mention again, that "One Koax-Cable (LNB) Systems"
have to turn "EPG scan" off! It's a MUST!
Else VDR will use the free card for EPG scans and that will
interrupt watching vertically polarized tranmissions after a few
seconds.
That will lead to an unexpected "black screen" on N-tv, Sat.1 etc.
while not-recording.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index