[vdr] Re: script to convert multiple *vdr to cd-sized *avi

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002 13:49:53 +0100
"Richard Reuters" <Richard.Reuters@web.de> wrote:

> - bitrate is calculated, so the divx file fits onto 1 CD,
>   1/2 CD, 1/3 CD or 1/4 CD. So you can produce CD's without
>   empty space overhead.

hello Richard,

i can imagine, you only need to know the number of frames the movie has to calculate bitrates.
the advantage is to reduce lines of code significantly and not have to patch mecoder.
perhaps you try something like:

BITRATE=$(( ${CDSIZE} * ${CDCOUNT} * 204800 / ${FRAMES} ))
MOVIE_BITRATE=$(( ${BITRATE} - ${AUDIO_BITRATE} ))

further more you can strech the movie over multiple cd's -- looks much better i think.
how about cropping black bars on top and bottom of movie?

how about merging our scripts? the direkt use of mencoder instead of wine, pvastrumento and transcode is charming, but your use of copy, tempory files, patches and other helping constructs seems to bee complex. perhaps it makes sense to merge your encoding style and combine it with my handling style?

with best regards,
Andreas

 Andreas Reichel                                 +49 0174-3262-499  :Phone
 Hasenweg 2c                              andreas.reichel@i-kit.de  :Email
 D-04463 Grosspoesna, Germany                         www.i-kit.de  :HTTP

-- Type: application/pgp-signature

Home | Main Index | Thread Index