[vdr] Re: How to convert a vdr-Dile to an MPG-File (Audio+Video)

Martin,

There are many types of "MPG file".  VDR produces "PES" files.  DVDs uses
"PS" files (aka VOB).  DVB broadcasts are in "TS" format, which VDR converts
to PES before recording.  See the FAQ at http://www.linuxdvb.tv for details.

Use PVAstrumento (use google to search for it) to reliably convert PES files
to PS files under Windows, or if you install the Elecard MPEG 2 player from
www.elecard.com, then you can view VDR files under Windows without any
conversion.

Dave.

On Saturday 09 March 2002 07:16, Martin Neuditschko wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I tried ts2ps, but I don' t know what it was doing,
> because after the conversion the filename is the
> same, VDR is able to replay it like a normal vdr-File
> and I can' t replay it with Windows Mediaplayer (after
> renaming it to .mpg)
> If I try once again to convert the file with ts2ps
> I get the error that the file isn' t a regular vdr
> file.
> Please, could someone help me?
>
> --
> mfg