[vdr] Re: Maxtor 160 GB

On Saturday, 9. March 2002 11:54, you wrote:
> Rainer Zocholl wrote:
>
> > If you do not need/like XFS  "Ext3" would be a good.
>
> About a month ago I installed Linux on a PC for a friend,
> who is new to Linux. So I did not want to put the burden
> of a patched kernel on him. I installed ext3 on his system.
> Two days later he had a lockup and pushed reset.
> ext3 lost his XF86Config file and he could no longer use X

Good to know.
Another experience is:
I use ReiserFS so long it comes with Suse, never lost a file
and just had lost disk-space once, because the disk run 100% full.
The space reappears if you delete the containing directory.

But i agree, XFS is better for vdr - it's time Suse intergrates it...

Another idea is mounting the ReiserFS **video**-partition with option
"-notails", which should improve performance.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index