[vdr] Re: PVAstrumento was: [How to convert a vdr-File...]

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002 22:59:21 +0100
Martin Neuditschko <yosuke.tomoe@gmx.net> wrote:

> I' ve asked him for the tool which he is using:
> > > I am using PVA2MPG from Hauppauge directly is there an other one?
> >
> > Yes The one from Hauppauge itself is unuseable... -> http://members.aon.at/dvbs/
> > (Directlink http://members.aon.at/dvbs/bin/PVA2MPG.ZIP (13kb ^^))
>
> What about this one?
>
> --
> mfg
> Martin Neuditschko

from the manual-file of this package:

This program converts PVA files created by the Technotrend DVB cards into MPEG-2 system stream files. It extracts the video and audio packets from the PVA file, reassembles them and pack them into MPEG-2 frames, while maintaining the original time synchronization information.

Caution: This program does not re-packetize the PVA packets. As a result, the generated MPEG-2 files may cause problems on certain players. Namely, frames can be up to 6 Kbytes in length, where they should have a maximum length of ~2 Kbytes. The delay between audio and video data is significantly higher than usual. Finally not all bit rate parameters in the MPEG-2 package headers are filled with correct data.

does'nt looks too smart, does it? ;o)
seems like PVAStrumento will have to do its job for a while ;o)

Andreas

 Andreas Reichel                                 +49 0174-3262-499  :Phone
 Hasenweg 2c                              andreas.reichel@i-kit.de  :Email
 D-04463 Grosspoesna, Germany                         www.i-kit.de  :HTTP

-- Type: application/pgp-signature

Home | Main Index | Thread Index