[vdr] Re: AC3 over DVB and Probs with Sony

On Sun, 10 Mar 2002 00:18:52 +0100, Roland Praml wrote:

>> Hallo,
>>
>> I have the same Problem like Roland as I
>> have a Sony Receiver also.
>> It shows DD 3/2 but stays quiet....
>> So today I connect a professional audio equipment (Neutrik A2D)
>> to my DVB Card (Siemens - 1.3) and it may be interessting
>> (especially for Wolfgang Fiesel) what it shows.
>> here are the infos about the signal status:
>>
>> Input: 3,6 - 4 Vpp
>> Jitter: 1,2 ns
>>
>> Status of Channel 1:
>>
>> Byte 0: Consumer, Audio Use, Copy Permit, 2 Ch, No Emph, Mode 0
>> Byte 1: 2 Ch General Format, Generation 1+
>> Byte 2: Source Nr: No, Channel Nr. A
>> Byte 3: FS=44,1 KHz, Clk Accuracy Level 2
>> Bytes 4 - 20: 00
>>
>> Channel 2 are the same but shows Channel B in Byte 2 as expected...
>>

>I don't think that's the problem. I think sony didn't implement the
>standard to wrap AC3 into PCM correctly. I also tested
>http://www.modernrecording.com/articles/soundav/link46.html
>and the receiver shows the same behaviour.
>(if I play the CD, receiver switch to DD 3/2, but stays quiet)
>

>Roland

Hi

I've got a Sony STR-DB 940 and the same problems ... but I found an interesting thing. I've burned a DD / DTS audio CD with first track DD-Data and
second track DTS-Data. If I put the CD into my DVD Player and select the first track I've no sound at all but if I first select the DTS track and jump back to
the DD track my receiver correctly plays the DD track (but in the display of the receiver I can see that it is DTS mode). Perhaps someone could build a
patch to simulate DTS Data and maybe our Sony's will detect it correctly.

Hope that helps for those who are writing such nice littelt patches like the AC3 over DVB.

bye
Mario

Home | Main Index | Thread Index