[vdr] Re: Timer Problem

axelgruber3@gmx.de(Axel Gruber)  10.03.02 23:34

Once upon a time Axel Gruber shaped the electrons to say...

>> The time bases of the various transponders are apparently not very
>> exact. I wonder what keeps the tv stations from broadcasting the
>> exact time?! You can get a cheap DCF77 module from Conrad for only a
>> few Euros.

>I use "NETDATE" to update the thime on my VDR-Machines once every day

>Cheap and exact enough :-)

Don't use "netdate"! ;-)

use "ntpdate"
"netdate" will set ANY time it receives.
"ntpdate" validates the time and moves the clock slowly
to the right clock. (if wanted and run as demon)

Without an internet connection: there is a driver in the
xntp-package for the conrad cheap DCF-clock.

But the best would be what Klaus said:
Lock system time setting to one channel.
I would fix it to channel 2.

Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //