[vdr] Re: multi-audio recording (VDR Bug ?)

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Rienecker, Fa. Evenio, ITS P, M (RF) wrote:

RF> This has been said already:
RF> VDR does record both apid (if set in channels.conf) and you can switch the
RF> languages during replay via menu-green.

RF> BUT (and there's is always a but) there are stations that use the secondary
RF> apid only from time to time (like e.g. PREMIERE SPORT). My personal inquiry
RF> resultetd in the following behavior:
RF> If the 2nd apid is not used at the point the recording starts VDR records
RF> the 1st apid only !

just an idea:
   maybe  vdr _does_ record both languages  (even if the second one is not
   used at the time when recording starts)

   but  when  replaying,  vdr  only  looks at the beginning, if there is a
   second apid in the recording, so if the recording was started at a time
   when the 2nd apid was not in use,  vdr doesn't offer the possibility to
   switch to the second apid.

as I said, it's just a guess...

c ya
        Sergei