[vdr] Re: DVB Driver and 2.4.18 Kernels

>  From: Stefan Goetz
>
>  I don't know whether this is common knowledge but maybe it
>  helps some of you to avoid the trouble I ran into:
>
>  In kernel version 2.4.18 the get_fast_time() function was
>  removed which is used by the driver version with the still
>  image patch on Klaus' web page so these two things don't
>  work together (the effect is that loading the DVB kernel
>  modules (the dvb_frontend.o to be accurate) fails).
>
>  The latest driver version no longer uses that function and
>  should work fine with 2.4.18 though I haven't verified that.
>
>  Stefan

I am using kernel 2.4.18 with the March 8th CSV driver and VDR (1.00 Pre2)
with no problems

Cheers
Jon

"WorldSecure <talbotuw.com>" made the following
 annotations on 03/12/02 10:07:18
Talbot Underwriting Ltd
Registered Office:
Gracechurch House
55 Gracechurch Street
London  EC3V 0JP
Registered Number: 2202362 England
Telephone: 020 7550 3500
Facsimile: 020 7550 3555
For more information about Talbot Underwriting please visit our website at www.talbotuw.com

Confidentiality Notice :  This message is confidential to the sender and the persons to whom it is addressed and may be protected by legal privilege. Reproduction or publication of the message or its contents without consent is prohibited. If you receive the message in error, please destroy the same and if you could in such case inform the sender of the misdirection, it would be appreciated.

[INFO] -- Virus Manager:
Virus swept by Talbot Underwriting Ltd
No Viruses were detected in this message.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index