[vdr] AC3Out as a setting?

Hi folks,

every now and then I find a recording where the AC3 data isn't present due
to driver problems. Before using the AC3Out patch, I could work around
that by just renaming my ac3dec command so that vdr didn't find it and by
that was playing the PCM sound. Now with AC3Out this is not possible any
more, however, the AC3-less-recordings still exist (I mean there seems to
be AC3 packages 0xbd, but there's obviously nothing in it).

Would it be asked too much if the AC3 Out would be made a setting in vdr?
Actually, one only had to put an "if" around the call to ExtractAC3Stream
in dvbapi and that would switch between PCM and AC3 sound.

I know I can do that myself, I just wanted to post that in case others
face the same problem and would also appreciate such a solution.

Being frank: Andy Grobb, as the obvious maintainer of the AIO patch, would
you incorporate that if others would express that wish, too?

Regards,

Robert

Home | Main Index | Thread Index