[vdr] Re: AW: OT: Howto play VDR recordings in WIN98SE

> 1. Streaming via network directly from the VDR-server to your displaying
> client PC

This will not work in my actual environment due its both on a dual boot
(win98/linux) pc

But I think on installing the DVB-Cs in another pc (located in a other
room) which is connected to the LAN. So this would make sense :-)

How does streaming work and what software do I need (both sides WIN98
and Linux)?

Do you think its possible to control "vdr" from within the win98 box
(which is in the living room) as if the vdr box would be right here in
the living room?

Sorry, to bother you with stupid(?) questions, but its the first time Im
in touch with streaming

Regards
Uwe

> 2. Using NTFS and NTFSforW98-driver. Read-only is afaik freeware, so you
> would have to copy from your VDR-server to the NTFS-drive in your client.
> Read&write is afaik shareware, so test&buy would be possible.
>
> Andreas
>

> Hi,
>
> what software can I use for this purpose?
>
> Any ideas how I can handle the HDD > 4GB problem?
> I have a 100GB HDD, should I configure/format this disk in WIN98SE and
> mount it under LINUX - 25 slices each 4GB???
>
> Any idea is appreciated
>
> Thanx
> Uwe
>
> PS: The reason is I have configured some progressiv output stuff in
> WIN98 and want to make use on it with my projector Davis Cinema 1

Home | Main Index | Thread Index