[vdr] Re: Problem with Timeshifting

Axel Gruber wrote:

> Hi all
>
> My VDR works great since over 1 Year now - (thank you Klaus and all others)
>
> Since some Time (i donīt know exactly since when) i have Problems with
> Timeshifting.
>
> I only run 1 or 2 Recordings and make timeshifting then one or both recordings
> get errors in it.
>
> I get a error-Message in log that the Buffer runs empty.
>
> What i donīt understand: Some Month ago i made 3 Recordings and watched
> a 4. Recording with the 4. card without any Problems !
>
> If anyone have any ideas - please let me know !

Please try this, which I have posted in an other thread ("buffer is filling up - problem"):

[...]
For a quick test whether this could help, I suggest those with buffer
overflow problems should do the following test: insert the line

  void cSIProcessor::SetStatus(bool On)
  {
+    return;//XXX
     ShutDownFilters();
     if (On)

into 'eit.c', which will completely disable the EIT parser. Then test
recording again and see whether the buffer still fills up. Let me know
if the situation has improved through this.

Klaus