[vdr] Re: Automatic Shutdown while logged in

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Thomas Mohr wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > after producing a coaster while being remotely logged into my VDR
> > machine i feel motivated to describe the (little) problem:
> >
> > VDR is switched on, and i am logged in with telnet and NFS from my other
> > computer. vdr is started using the -s option. There is no easy
> > possibility to access the remote control (different floor). Of course,
> > vdr shuts down after Setup.MinUserInactivity minutes, which is,
> > according to Murphy's law, in the middle of a CD burning activity.
> >
> > What would be needed is a protection against shutdown while being logged
> > into vdr.
> >
> > Solutions:
> >
> >  o SVDRP is also used for LastActivity.
> >    Currently the svdrp.c code takes a timestamp to decide
> >    when the port has a timeout, but does not update the
> >    LastActivity from vdr.c
>
> Ok, sounds like a reasonable idea to reset the timeout when there
> is SVDRP activity.

I gave this some more thought and decided not to do this, because
if you have, for instance, a mechanism that sends a prompt message
to VDR whenever a new email arrives, there could be SVDRP connections
every now and then and thus the timeout would never happen.

Klaus