[vdr] Re: Card revision 1.3 and 2.1 not interchangeble?

afaik the 2.1 and 1.3 work both with the same driver and settings - for me it
was no problem to exchange a defective 1.3 with a new 2.1 and everything
worked without any changes - except that the 2.1 seems to stay black-screen
after running several day and then switching a channel :-( This is somewhat
annoying but can be cured by driver reload - but that's another story !
Basically 1.3 and 2.1 are interchangeable.

Maybe you should check your system for irq conflicts only occuring with the
new card ... Sometimes some bios settings (or reconfigure pci settings in
bios after installing the new card - but depends on your mainboard)

Martin

Am Sonntag, 17. März 2002 20:58 schrieben Sie:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a vdr system with a single card revision 1.3, and it works nearly
> perfect:
>
> - kernel 2.4.4 (suse 7.2)
> - siemens_dvb-0.9.4
> - lirc-0.6.4 with simple receiver connected to serial port
> - VDR 1.0.0pre3
> - MP3 extension 0.37
> - mad-0.14.2b
>
> If i just replace the card with a new Hauppauge WinTV nexus-s (revision
> 2.1), the system is not usable any more. Just starting the dvb-driver seem
> to be ok (I get a picture and audio from n-tv, and the fading convergence
> copyright OSD), but on VDR startup i've seen two possible effects:
>
> 1.) VDR switch to the last seen program, but do not show any OSD. The
> message log shows nothing unusual, but I can't control VDR via infrared. No
> OSD, no respond to Up/Down.
>
> 2.) I get a black screen on television, and the message log says:
> "VDR kernel: dvb0: ARM crashed!"
> I had to restart the driver in that case.
>
> Just replacing the card with the original one (revision 1.3) solves this
> problem! (no software was re-configured or something).
>
> Do I have to tell VDR which card revision I use?
> Any idea, what's happening here?
> Any chance to get the 2.1 card running? (or better: get the 1.3 AND 2.1
> running together in the same system? ;-)
>
> thanks,
> Christian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index