[vdr] Patch: Multiple DVB-s cards sharing one LNB

Hello!

I patched VDR in a way that multiple DVB-s cards can be connected to the same LNB.
This makes it possible to use a splitter to feed two DVB-s cards with one line or to
use the loopthrough of one card.
This is the first time I ever worked with C++, so do not expect the patch to be in a
nice and clean style.
But at least it works, including multiple records at once, EPG scan, transfer mode
and time-shifting. Actually I have not found a non working feature of VDR yet. I
tested using two DVB-s cards, the second one connected to the loopthrough of the
first.

Known limitations:
- patch limited to 2 DVB-s cards
- polarization in channels.conf must not be written in capital letters

Patched files are available at:
http://rk.dyn.dhs.org/dvb/patched_vdr_1.0.0p3/

Matthias.

BTW: You do not have to turn "EPG scan" off, it is not a must anymore :-)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index