[vdr] Re: help adding another card

> I'm thinking of getting another DVB Nova-t budget card for my vdr box
>
> Currently I have the following config
>
> Slackware 8.0, kernel 2.4.18
> VDR 1.00pre3 (soon to be pre4 ;-) )
> DVB driver from CVS 20020309
>
> hardware
> DVB-s (full card) not connected
> DVB nova-t (budget card)
>
> hence my channels.conf has a ca parameter of 2 for all channels
>
> If add another DVB Nova-t budget card will I be able to timeshift ?

You should be able to do so already.

> will I be able to watch another channel while recording ?

Yes.

> Is there a way to setup the channels.conf to say DVB cards 2 and 3 can
> provide these channels ?

The new-look channels.conf will allow you to do so, because you define capabillities of each card seperately.

@Klaus
May you need an additional entry in the ca.conf for 'cannot receive anything' to characterize the primary (DVB-S) card.

CU,
Christian.

> Many thanks
>
> Jonathan Meads
>
> "WorldSecure <talbotuw.com>" made the following
>  annotations on 03/18/02 12:18:14
> ----------------
> Talbot Underwriting Ltd
> Registered Office:
> Gracechurch House
> 55 Gracechurch Street
> London  EC3V 0JP
> Registered Number: 2202362 England
> Telephone: 020 7550 3500
> Facsimile: 020 7550 3555
> For more information about Talbot Underwriting please visit
> our website at www.talbotuw.com
>
> Confidentiality Notice :  This message is confidential to the
> sender and the persons to whom it is addressed and may be
> protected by legal privilege. Reproduction or publication of
> the message or its contents without consent is prohibited. If
> you receive the message in error, please destroy the same and
> if you could in such case inform the sender of the
> misdirection, it would be appreciated.
>

> [INFO] -- Virus Manager:
> Virus swept by Talbot Underwriting Ltd
> No Viruses were detected in this message.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index