[vdr] Re: help adding another card

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Rienecker, Fa. Evenio, ITS P, M (CR) wrote:

CR> There are 3 cards.
CR> The primary cannot receive anything (because there's no dish).
CR> Recordings are made with either the 2nd or 3rd card. Live viewing via
CR> transfer mode.

dafine a new ca in ca.conf, e.g.

999 My special FTA setting.

set the first card to be able to receive only 0 (the "normal" FTA)
and the 2nd and the 3rd cards to 999 (the special FTA)

set all FTA channels in channel.conf to 999.

CR> How do you configure VDR's ca parameters in the channels.conf that it knows
CR> that the primary card cannot receive anything ?
CR> [...]
CR> That's where I thought about introducing a ca parameter identifying a card
CR> that is capable of replay only.

AFAIK, vdr assumes that all cards are able to receive FTA. Maybe it is
easyer to say, that by default a card can't receive anything. and then
to define in the setup menu, e.g. in this special case:
card1 = <empty>
card2 = 0
card2 = 0

so the people with a card not connected to LNB don't have to modify
channels.conf and don't have to add a special ca entry in ca.conf

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de
                -- Mark Twain