[vdr] OT: WOL with 3Com 3C905B-TX

Hey list,

it's a little bit off topic but I searched the whole net without finding any
hints for solving my problem. I just want to power on the vdr every morning
at 8 a.m. because I don't want to let the vdr turned on the whole night. I
downloaded wol-0.5.1-win32.zip from sourceforge. From what I have heard it
is the best tool.
No I made an ifconfig to get the mac adress of my 3Com 3C905B-TX (I verified
the adress with taking a look on the card it self). So I typed "shutdown -h
now" to shutdown the vdr. From my other pc (192.168.0.114 PC > 192.168.0.8
VDR) I typed "wol XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX. The program sayed "waking up...". But
nothing happened. So I tried several other tools for wol but it still
doesn't work.
The NIC got a link to the switch so the WOL in the BIOS is activated.
Now I was on it to put a second DVBs into my system and for this I had to
pull out the NIC. When I was ready I pluged in the cable for the WOL again.
And wonder suddenly the vdr started. So that means, that the wol from the
mainboard works but not from the NIC.
Can anybody help?

cu and thank in advance,

Matthias Queisler