[vdr] Re: Patch: Multiple DVB-s cards sharing one LNB

Markus Winkler wrote:

>>I patched VDR in a way that multiple DVB-s cards can be connected to the
>>same LNB.
>>This makes it possible to use a splitter to feed two DVB-s cards with one
>>line or to
>>use the loopthrough of one card.

Hi! I've missed the original message. But, please, explain me how is it
possible: I've always thought it's impossible to feed two indipendent
satellite receivers with only one line, because of the different
polarizations channels may have. Now I'm using my single DVB-s system
connected to the 'lnb out' of a Humax 5400, and only certain channels
are avaiable if I leave the Humax powered on. I was planning to add
another DVB-s card, ... with a 'double line' lnb and another cable from
the roof...

thank you
as

Home | Main Index | Thread Index