[vdr] Re: Errors vdr 1.0.0pre4

Joerg Eilers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> taking a look at my log I found there was quite some time between the
> first "ERROR: can't record MPEG1!" and the last one, which seems to
> have broken the system.
> I can't remember any distortion in picture or audio during
> the whole film, even if there were several of this messages...
>
> So afterwards is my log beginning whith the start of the recording,
> ending with the restart after a hard reset.
>
> Thank you for your answer!
>
> Joerg

Well, there's not much I can say. Somehow the data stream must
have been corrupted, but since you didn't observe anything wrong
while watching the live broadcast, we can probably rule out bad
reception.

Could there be a thermal problem with your DVB card?
They can get pretty hot if they aren't properly cooled.

Klaus