[vdr] Re: Maxtor 160GB and XFS

Hello Ralf,

* Ralf Spitzauer <ralf@spitzauer.de> [23-03-02 10:36]:
> For the Maxtor 160 GB you need the lba48 patch and there is a problem. The
> patch is only avaiable as ide.2.4.18-rc1.02152002.patch.bz2. This patch
> don?t work with 2.4.18 final I`ve tested it.(see also old thread Maxtor 160
> GB). I swiched back to kernel 2.4.16 and with the patches (see below) all
> work fine.

My first problem was the debian-kernel-source, it seems that this
sources are modified, so the patch is not running, now i use the
kernel directly from kernel.org.

I have tried it with 2.4.18, all patches goes successfully in the
kernel-source, now disktest is running.

But i have problems with disktest, if i run it, it will write the
first 100MB in about a half second, than it will write 1 MB per
second(for about 4 seconds) than it will write a lot of MB(in one
second) and so on.

Maybe the problem is the ide-controller, the chipset is a kt266a and
if i boot the computer the kernel says: i cannot found irq set
pci=biosirq

I set this, but the same behaviour.

I enabled the via82xx settings in the kernel.

I will wait what disktest will say and try it with 2.4.17 and 2.4.16.

--
Bye
Matthias

Home | Main Index | Thread Index