[vdr] Re: Two recordings on the same channel, only one card

Carsten Koch wrote:

> In fact, AFAIK vdr could not only do two recordings from
> the same card if the channel is exactly the same, it could
> even do two or more recordings from the same card if all
> channels to be recorded are on the same transponder.
>
> Klaus, what do you think? Would that not be a VERY nice feature?
> It definitely would help much by freeing the primary card more often.
>
> As an example, DSF, KABEL1, N24, NEUN LIVE Television, ProSieben
> and SAT.1 are all on the same transponder.

But that's not possible with all DVB cards. IIRC Ralph recently wrote
that some cards can only handle one channel at a time.

I will try to rearrange things in VDR after version 1.0.0 so that
several "recorders" can attach to one DVB card, as long as they request
the same transponder. However, this will mean some pretty deep changes
so I'll first finish the final version 1.0.0.

Klaus