[vdr] Re: VDR config files in /etc/vdr?

> I'm in the process of finalizing VDR for the big release 1.0.0 and was
> wondering if it would be a good idea to have the config files in /etc/vdr
> by default.
>
> The thing to consider here is that some of these files are written to while
> VDR is running, so this may not be something one wants to have in /etc.
>
> Any opinions on this?

Depends on what you define is configuration and what is "variable data".

IMHO

channels.conf
setup.conf
keys-pc.conf
ca.conf
svdrhosts.conf

are definitly things that fit in the /etc/ scheme. As they are
a) Configuration
b) (More or less) constant over time

But i'm not so sure about "timers.conf". I think this one is more a
candiate for /var as it is everthing else but constant. (More true when
used for e.g. with Master-Timer or epg2timers. Less true when only
Repeating timers are used and not changed so often.)

But VDR isn't "standard" as it doesn't use "/var/vdr/<...>" for storing
the movie-files, then it is no problem if the other files aren't
standard too.

Bis denn