[vdr] Re: VDR config files in /etc/vdr?

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 17:39:04 +0100
Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> The thing to consider here is that some of these files are written to
> while VDR is running, so this may not be something one wants to have in
> /etc.
>
> Any opinions on this?
>
> Klaus

hello Klaus,

while I'm thinking, something like

./configure --datadir=/whereever/you/want --dvb=/path/to/dvb
make
make install

would be comfortable, i know we need small steps.
perhaps vdr should search *.conf files in a list of directories like
{homedir of user that owns the vdr-process;
/usr/etc/vdr;
/etc/vdr}

first entry guarantize that vdr have write access and different users can
use different channel-listings (do we need this???) perhaps you want to
move /video dir too. i can imagine something like /usr/share/video where
you softlink your partitions to. i myself don't like the top-level
video-dir.

best regards,
Andreas

 Andreas Reichel                                 +49 0174-3262-499  :Phone
 Hasenweg 2c                              andreas.reichel@i-kit.de  :Email
 D-04463 Grosspoesna, Germany                         www.i-kit.de  :HTTP

-- Type: application/pgp-signature

Home | Main Index | Thread Index