[vdr] Re: Still distortions on ZDF

Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de(Klaus Schmidinger)  23.03.02 20:38

Once upon a time Klaus Schmidinger shaped the electrons to say...

>I'm still observing occasional distortions on the live signal
>of the ZDF (ZDF:11954:h:0:27500:110:120:130:0:28006).
>A few days ago I thought this could be because of heavy rain fall,
>but right now it is happening again, and there is not a single drop of
>rain falling right now (back then when it rained heavily the
>distortions were a lot harder, though, so there might be something
>wrong with signal strength).

>I have even realigned my dish to maximum signal strength, so I can
>rule out a misaligned dish. The funny thing is that other channels
>like RTL or Sat.1 work flawlessly.

Both are on the other ("v") polarization.

>Only the ZDF has these distortions.

>It is apparently also independent of the individual DVB card, since it
>happens on my primary card as well as on others (i.e. when recording).

>Does anybody else see any distortions on the ZDF?

No.

Maybe (one of) your cable/LNB became wet? (in german: "ist abgesoffen")

Exchange the cables on the LNB and the Multiswitch to
see if now the other channels are disturbed and ZDF is clear.

Maybe only the connectors became wet.

Rainer

Home | Main Index | Thread Index