[vdr] Re: Still distortions on ZDF

boesch@versatel-online.de(Michael Bösch)  23.03.02 22:13

Once upon a time Michael Bösch shaped the electrons to say...

>Hi,
>I observed the distortions too. They happened in the beginning of
>'Wetten Dass'.

Hm i did not see them (only those later). (no, no i must emphesis
that i was watching 'Wetten Dass' only to see if there are
distortions on ZDF! ;-))

>But there were only boring guests

No Sarah?

>at the show this time so I didn't watch any further ;-)
>There is no rainfall here at all and I have no hardware problems.

Are there any big "rainy/heavy?" (regenschwere) clouds?

>I think it is a satellite problem.

Is there a way to generate CRC/md5 values (for each 25(?) images/second?)
of the recordings so different recordings can be compared
(like rsync for zips)
or ist it clear that's only a "live"-view problem?

The recordings must be all the same, or VDR should have
complain about receive errors etc.?

So md5 each second, md5 the 1s-md5 of 60 sec, md5 the 60sec-md5
of 15 minutes so it might be possible with only a few compares
to determine the place of differences.
But:
How to find the very first image?
Is it timestamped?