[vdr] Re: Small problem with tosvcd-0.3

Cornelius Hald wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-03-24 at 09:38, Cornelius Hald wrote:
> > On Sun, 2002-03-24 at 09:23, Cornelius Hald wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > yesterday I tried the to convert an old recording (Dumm und Dümmer) to
> > > SVCD using tosvcd-0.3. The goal was having 2 SVCDs with max. 700MB, but
> > > I got one with 715MB and one with 248MB. Is it possible (with the files
> > > shown below) to process film.mpa and film.mpv to get film-1.mpg and
> > > film-2.mpg with sizes not bigger then 700MB? Or do I have to restart the
> > > whole process with "tosvcd -s 650 ..."?
> >
> > Sorry for this. It was my fault, my disk ran full.
>
> Ok, now I´ve created a working SVCD. If I play the disk with the
> VCD-Patch for VDR, it runs fine until I press Pause/Play or if I jump
> forwards or backwards, than the picture freezes but audio is running.
> Is this a problem of tosvcd-0.3 or does it come from the VCD-Patch?
> Or am I doing s.th. wrong here?

A problem of both I guess ;-)

Jumping forward and backward in the VCD patch at the moment is just
based on the timestamps of CD sectors without looking into the MPEG
data, so there's no alignment. It works on some (S)VCDs however, this
may depend on the muxing, MPEG sources etc.etc.

I'm working on improving the replay in the VCD patch.

You may try another way of creating (S)VCDs as described in Peter
Hofmann's HOWTOs to achieve different - and maybe more successful -
results.

HTH
Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index