[vdr] Re: vdr-1.0.0preX DVD addon v5 available

On 24 Mar 2002 Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:

> A new version of the DVD add-on for the 1.0.0preX version of vdr is now
> available at:

I'm seeing a small (cosmetic, but annoing) problem in all your
patches. As you are using a very big video buffer,
forwarding/rewinding (specially slowmotion) is very inaccurate,
this means there is a sudden jump of several seconds when the
trickmode ist stopped.

I think this is because in trickmodes you only display I-frames
and so the complete buffer is filled with i-frames. As every
i-frame represents roughly half a second, this covers a big
time. When stopping the trickmode, the buffer is cleared and you
simply continues with your read pointer. This gives the jump.
What have to be done is, to remember (or calculate) the read
pointer for the front-most frame in the buffer and continue with
that pointer. For more accuracy you will have to account the
internal buffer on the card, too.

For normal replay I have done this in cBackTrace (dvbapi.c).
Maybe you could make something like that for DVD replay, too.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index