[vdr] Re: AW: [Announce] nvram-wakeup-0.04

high!

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002, Matthias Queisler (MQ) wrote:

MQ> I entered a value 3 Minutes in the future but nvram-wakeup told me not to
MQ> take time less then 10 Minutes in the future.

because of WAKEUP_BEFORE and WAKEUP_BEFORE values...

MQ> So I rewrote a new time 11 minutes in the future. nvram told me to
MQ> reboot so the settings will take affect.

with mb=2 this is only needed if changing the status bit (en-/disable
wakeup)

MQ> And so I did, but now the BIOS told me "checksum error. loading
MQ> defaults."

Hmm, I would suggest to compile with ACTUALLY_WRITE=OFF, call nvram-wakeup
with a time, say (as you tried) 11 minutes in the future and write down
all values nvram-wakeup _would_ write into nvram. Then go into BIOS setup
and set the same date and time manually. Then run nvram-wakuep without
options and compare the values from nvram (wich were set by the BIOS
setup) with those you wrote down previously.

MQ> I got a Elitegroup K7VZA so MB=2 must be right.
MQ> What was wrong?

you also could send me the output of both runs.

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de
                -- Mark Twain