[vdr] CPU-Usage

Hello list,
not sure if this topic was already dicussed, think I saw some CPU-Usage
postings, but there are 1800 unread vdr and linuxdvb mails in my Inbox
... Sorry no time

yesterday I saw some strange behaviour. I installed my second card
(secondary vdr-box is dead :( ), and tried to record Jackie Brown on
Kabel1 (or was it VOX??, dont remember). Recording was OK on secondary
card, until I switched to this program on the primary card. My box had a
CPU-usage of 100%. Thanks God I had a top window running, so I can use
most of the recording. (when I saw this behaviour I switched to another
channel and CPU was ok).
Anybody seen this?
Afterwards I tried to record two channels at once (which has never been
a problem with earlier vdr-versions) also very high cpu-load and
ditorted recordings :(

My Box  : Two Full featured DVB-S cards, P 233, 96MB, /video mounted via
nfs, no other services than vdr,ssh and portmap running.

Regards,

Gerhard

Home | Main Index | Thread Index