[vdr] Re: Strange OSD Problem

Hi,

I had the same problem some time ago. I used a
AMD Athlon 1.1 GHz (don't know the board). After
I switched VDR/DVB to my old Pentium 120Mhz board
as "embedded" Device with NFS-Root and etherboot
(no harddisk), the problem is gone.
I think it's related to Powermanagement, but I cannot
tell for sure.

Armin

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Sebastian Herp wrote:

> And nobody believed me that i have such problems, too :-)
>
> On my vdr-computer it doesn't happen after a certain time. There is no
> "rule" for this effect or at least i was not able to reproduce it, but it
> happens sometimes (very often while starting a record of the actual channel
> via "menu->red button").
>
> vdr seems to restart (watchdog perhaps) and then the OSD colours are mixed
> up. Only a driver restart with "/usr/src/DVB/driver/make reload" helps to
> get rid of these strange colours.
>
> my system:
> suse 7.0 (kernel 2.4.4 from kernel.org)
> siemens-dvb-0.9.4 (it happened since i've got my vdr running on linux, so
> the firmware-version is kind of irrelevant)
> vdr-1.0.0pre3 (same applies here ... )
> tt-dvb-s version unknown ... but i bought it september 2000 (should be some
> of the earlier revisions *g*)
>
> Greetings,
> Sebastian
>
> PS.: it might be a hardware-problem, but then again, why are it the colours
> of the OSD that are affected by that problem? ...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index