[vdr] Re: performance during cutting

I got error messages on syslog saying something about disabling dma mode
caused by problems with the driver. I did not further investigate how to solve
this e.g. no kernel driver. Since I had a spare slot on the standard ide
controller (UDMA33!) I connected my harddisk to that and the problems were gone.

Gruß Arno

> On 26 Mar, Arno Esser wrote:
> > Did you check, if your hd transfer mode works correct. I had the same
> > problem recently. After some time I detected that the drivers for my
> onboard raid
> > controller are not so stable. Due to that dma mode became disabled under
> high
> > load and that leads to the same situation as you described.
>
> Good idea, I will check this tonight.
>
> I did enable the DMA mode, hdparam said it was working and also
> concerning CPU load and transfer rates everything looked fine.
> But I did not check it after heavy load. Will hdparm detect if DMA mode
> is disabled by the driver as you explained?
>
> Joachim
>
> --
>  Joachim Thees <thees@informatik.uni-kl.de>
>  Univ. of Kaiserslautern, Computer Networks Group

http://www.gmx.net

Home | Main Index | Thread Index