[vdr] Re (3): [Mplayer-dvb] DTS Sound

Wolfgang Fiesel wrote:

> The IEC 61937 paper says:

you got the 61937 ??? Oh lucky one...

> bit 0: "0" = consumer use of channel status block
> bit1: "0" = audio / "1" = digital data
> bit2-192: definitions of copy mode, sampling rate, ....
> Our topic is the bit 1.

absolutly agree with you...

> On Standard SPDIF transmitter chips (Crystal,...) the definition of channel status can
> mostly set by internal control registers or external pins. In case of our TI MPEG-Decoder
> I see no change to modify these status bits on the first view because the TI chip is a
> very complex chip and it seems that the developer have to limited all control features to
> a practical subset.

so you think the audio module register #1 bit 1 (normal operation/mute audio output)
as described in Chapter 10 Table 28 of the TMS320AV7110 specification
does'nt set *this* bit, but the validity flag ???
I suppose it does, because most of the flags in the audio module register
0 and 1 depends to the channel status word (channel mode, sampling frequency,
emphasis, etc.)
if we had a patch to set this bit, It would be able for me to explore the datastream...

maybe you're right and the guys from convergence can help, eventually they have
further information about the AV7110 ..., do you know anyone special from
Convergence?

Happy Easter,

--

Uwe Weissbach