[vdr] Re: Still distortions on ZDF

Martin Schoenbeck wrote:

> Hello Klaus,
>
> Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:
> >
> > I think I remember similar problems with earlier driver versions,
> > where only particular channels had problems. IIRC it had to do with the
> > amount of memory used for MPEG decoding in the driver/firmware.
> > Could it be that we are facing the same kind of problem again?
>
> I have a recording of Wetten daß, starting with the bridge of boxes. Til
> now, I only had a quick look at this bridge, so I can't tell you,
> whether there are distortions, too. But if you know specific scenes, I
> could check, whether the distortion are at the same scenes and thus are
> probably a mistake in the xmission.

I'm afraid I don't remember specific scenes with distortions.
However, if you can see several of them spread over the entire recording
(sometimes with several minutes of undisturbed material in between), then
I would tend to believe that the problem is either in the data stream itself
(well, unlikely) or in the driver/firmware. I don't believe that there is
a cable problem here AND at your installation.

As I said in an other posting: we did have problems with earlier driver
versions that caused similar effects, and if I'm not mistaken they were
also mostly on the ZDF. But then again the fact that the disturbances were
extremely bad when there was very heavy rain fall here would indicate a
cable problem here. I guess I do will have to go onto the roof and check this
over the weekend... (just thinking loud...)

Klaus