[vdr] Re: VDR crashed while playing DVD

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Thilo Wunderlich (TW) wrote:

TW> > I know, I just don't know anymore, which versions were inside the AIO
TW> > patch and also I don't know anymore, which AIO patch I installed (there

meanwhile, it's known - the change was between nav7 and nav8 for vdr 0.99

TW> It would be nice if vdr would show its version number with --version
TW> or whatever. And if someone adds a feature to it (like mp3 or dvd) it
TW> should add the version number of that fature as well.
TW>
TW> e.g. AIO patch might show:
TW>
TW> vdr --version
TW>
TW> vdr 1.0.0pre4 AIO, mp3 0.99, dvd 0.88, washingmachineextension 0.77
TW>
TW> currently its hard to know which version is installed after one week.

I agree with you, it would be a big help, if it was that simple to know
which version of which patch is installed.

but I think, with the upcoming plugin system such things will become much
easier.

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de