[vdr] Re: protecting channels and recordings with password

apieper@gmx.net wrote:

> > > Nice to hear.
> > >
> > > Will this include the use of own commands (from commands.conf)?
> >
> > We can add a PIN check for any function, so why not the "Commands" menu...
>
> Just a thought:
>
> How will you implement this?
>
> a) PIN needed every time someone want to use a 'locked' command.
>
> or
>
> b) general unlock/lock with PIN one time.
>
> I think b) is easier to handle.

Easier, maybe, but definitely not secure.
If you enter your PIN once and VDR stores that information, anybody
could access that item after that. I'd say if there is a PIN, it has to
be entered EVERY TIME you access a particular operation.

Klaus