[vdr] Re: protecting channels and recordings with password

apieper@gmx.net wrote:
> > > Nice to hear.
> > > Will this include the use of own commands (from commands.conf)?
> > We can add a PIN check for any function, so why not the "Commands" menu...
> Just a thought:
> How will you implement this?
> a) PIN needed every time someone want to use a 'locked' command.
> b) general unlock/lock with PIN one time.
> I think b) is easier to handle.
I suggested some weeks ago to implement a config mechanism to define
which parts to secure. E.g. recording deletion. Then you have to enter a
pin-code defined in file called pin.vdr in the appropriate recordings
directory. Maybe you can define the recordings pin code with the timer.
or set one with shell commands afterwards.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index