[vdr] Re: EPG-Info length

On 29 Mar 2002 00:20:00 +0200, Usenet-372203@zocki.toppoint.de (Rainer
Zocholl) wrote:

> But VDR already had it! 2 seconds ago.
>
> (the 12h..24h back might not work if the box is turned off)

VDR deletes it from the database when the time has passed.

> But i need internet access.

But only occassionally. Most off the time my router is turned off, but
when it is turned on my vdrpc has access and can collect the data. You
may install somthing like ICS on your main internet pc to allow this. I
have modified the script to check if a connection is available. If not
it does nothing. The same is true when the info hasn't changed.

> But not available on my TV set, or?

If you have set up the "Merkliste" on www.tvtv.de epg2timers collects
the full description and stores it into the timer. This info is then
stored together with the recording and you have available multiple pages
of information most of the time. The epginfo stored in the timer (if
available) has priority over the info collected from the transponder.
The description is much more extensive, look at www.tvtv.de
You get the same info you see there on your tv screen.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index