[vdr] Re: EPG-Info length

Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de(Emil Naepflein)  29.03.02 09:37

Once upon a time Emil Naepflein shaped the electrons to say...

>On 29 Mar 2002 00:20:00 +0200, Usenet-372203@zocki.toppoint.de (Rainer
>Zocholl) wrote:

>> But i need internet access.

>But only occassionally.

That's like beeing "a bit pregnant" ;-)

>Most off the time my router is turned off, but
>when it is turned on my vdrpc has access and can collect the data.
>You may install somthing like ICS on your main internet pc to allow this.

>I have modified the script to check if a connection is available. If
>not it does nothing. The same is true when the info hasn't changed.

Yes, but i don't want additionally wires in the living room.

>> But not available on my TV set, or?

>If you have set up the "Merkliste" on www.tvtv.de

To do that i need an extra PC with a browser.

>epg2timers collects
>the full description and stores it into the timer. This info is then
>stored together with the recording and you have available multiple
>pages of information most of the time.

I too want infos of transmissions i had not (yet) setup.

>The epginfo stored in the timer
>(if available) has priority over the info collected from the
>transponder. The description is much more extensive, look at
>www.tvtv.de You get the same info you see there on your tv screen.

But only if i have recorded it or am watching "life"?

I don't understand why i should go to tvtv.de to get those
infos, the vdr-box already had some seconds before.

The data volume to store is completely negletable compared to the
video streams.

tvtv might be good for far future planing.
But I don't know how long tvtv.de will allow free access.

Rainer

Home | Main Index | Thread Index