[vdr] Re: EPG-Info length

Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de(Emil Naepflein)  29.03.02 09:39

Once upon a time Emil Naepflein shaped the electrons to say...

>>> The stations do not send the info.
>>
>> Couldn't you cache past EPG data?

>Yes, it would be easy to do. But of what use is that?
>If you have done a recording the info is stored anyway.

As i wrote:
i often had not timer programmed yet.

Sometimes i watch a program and find at the end of
transmission: "Great, let's record the next episode"...but how?
Did you ever try to enter a name in the timer with RC?
You do it exactly twice: The first and the last time.
It's a horror.

But it would be easy "one click" and no overhead if i could scroll
back in EPG infos.

Why cache so long back?
I often find some interessting transmission announced for
the afternoon. But then i have to work, so no chance to setup the
timer. OK, i could make an unpayed holiday, telling my boss:
"I have to programm my videorecorder" ;-))

Rainer

Home | Main Index | Thread Index