[vdr] Re: EPG-Info length

Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de(Klaus Schmidinger)  29.03.02 13:00

Once upon a time Klaus Schmidinger shaped the electrons to say...

>Rainer Zocholl wrote:
>>
>> Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de(Emil Naepflein)  29.03.02 09:39
>>
>> Once upon a time Emil Naepflein shaped the electrons to say...

>>>Yes, it would be easy to do. But of what use is that?
>>>If you have done a recording the info is stored anyway.
>>
>> As i wrote:
>> i often had not timer programmed yet.
>>
>> Sometimes i watch a program and find at the end of
>> transmission: "Great, let's record the next episode"...but how?
>> Did you ever try to enter a name in the timer with RC?
>> You do it exactly twice: The first and the last time.
>> It's a horror.

>Well, I could think of several things that much more deserve to be
>named "horror".
>You have to keep in mind that a tv remote control
>simply has a limited number of keys,

Yes, that's the problem.

>so to implement a string editing
>feature you have to make it work with a very small number of keys.

It's only a compromise, an abuse, because the TV-RC was never
intended to be used for entering alfa-numeric.
"The horror" dose not mean the way you tried to workarround the
limitation.

>I believe using Left/Right to position the cursor and Up/Down to
>edit a character isn't that bad.

Using a "SMS"-"Keyboard" would be a compromise too.

(BTW: recently i heard that the "SMS-Generation" have trained
their thumb to be as flexible as teh second finder! The use
the thumb like elders do for pressing the door bell or
for pointing on something.)

>> But it would be easy "one click" and no overhead if i could scroll
>> back in EPG infos.
>>
>> Why cache so long back?
>> I often find some interessting transmission announced for
>> the afternoon. But then i have to work, so no chance to setup the
>> timer. OK, i could make an unpayed holiday, telling my boss:
>> "I have to programm my videorecorder" ;-))

>Aren't you exaggerating a little here?

>If you absolutely want this kind of behaviour, why don't you take
>a look at the source code (its Open Source, after all)?

>In menu.c, function cMenuSchedule::PrepareSchedule(), you can find the
>line

>  if (EventInfo->GetTime() + EventInfo->GetDuration() > now)

>Change this to, for instance,

>  if (EventInfo->GetTime() + EventInfo->GetDuration() > now - 3600)

>to get entries that have ended up to an hour ago, or delete the whole
>line to get _all_ entries, no matter how old they are.

That's all to do?

I'll try. (As the weather will become worder)
Thanks for the tips.
Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //