[vdr] Re: displaying the signal level and the snr

Christian Schuld wrote:

> Only the DVB-S 1.3 (see ves1893.c) returns a SNR. You have to check the source
> to see which demodulator returns which signal indicators. IIRC there is none,
> which works for all revisions.

ja, unfortunately right now I don't even care about errors. I will work
on it very soon, I have to understand a bit more about vdr internals.

But, explain me better: I've simply read the pdf of the dvb api, and
there was written use this ioctl and here you have the values (perhaps
the error-rate also should be a value to display in a diagnostic menu?).
  I could check if I have an ENOSYS or an ENOSIGNAL: if the first
occours I'll print something like 'not supported by this device', if the
latter  'there is no signal so bla bla'. Do you think it would be
enough? Shall I ask on the linux-dvb mailing list about the behaviour of
those ioctls depending on the revision of the boards?

However, even without checking the error, if a determined revision of a
board doesn't support the snr reading, what about the signal strength?
It should be read and written on the osd and the log!

thank you
as

Home | Main Index | Thread Index